Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Prep It Up Yall!

So-- I've just finished reading the policies in scope for this coming Tuesday’s meeting. Policies are really a peculiar thing. One would expect that they would be concise, specific and very directive in meaning, structure and application. Right?

Just do me and yourself a favor and read the policies; see Maria’s posting from last week – she provides links to all the policies. Make sure to take note of the various entities that have responsibility for the specific regulations within the document.

For example, one policy actually states it is the Business Administrator’s responsibilities to ensure receipt and accuracy of employee certification records. Now – that’s a new factoid!

Given the most recent CN headline, I do expect that the “conversation” with regard to policies will be very “funneled” so please do not come expecting for the BOE to relate said policies with anything that has recently occurred in the district, nor allow you and/or I to do so either. But then again – I would nevVah think of such a thing; imagine mapping behavior to policy or policy to expectations and outcomes. What do you think this is?!!

I’m not a lawyer, but I have it on good advice that they (the BOE) will tread very carefully when it comes to any association with said policies versus recent actions by the CSA’s employment exploits. And “Exploits” is a MOST APPROPRIATE term here my friends.

Do come though…may haps we will get the Board to agree to establish a policy committee where members of the public can help craft, draft, review and implement sound regulatory guidance documents.

Hey it’s the season for hopeful thinking --Ain't It!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be quite a night I'm sure...never a dull moment when it comes to PPS!

I'll see you there lady!
Ciao for now,
Laura

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved