Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The S&R Principle...

As I looked through my Blog postings over this past year, the initial excitement of a new year, in this particular instance, the installation of the first African American President, pervaded this blogger’s heart as well as millions of other proud Americans. The momentum continued as our President laid out his plans for his first year in office, and at the top of his list was re-engineering the educational system in this country.

Now how would I spend my 365 days in 2009 to support this lofty, yet worthwhile initiative?

Sowing and Reaping!

I do believe in the biblical principle of sow and reap. I have seen the manifestations in my own little world to doubt its truths. It is more than just an intention to do well or rightly; it is the actual act of putting forth, planting, reaching forward to create and/or change both the circumstance and outcome of a situation.

I have spent the last 10 months nurturing and mentoring a group of lady princesses (PPS Students I might add) for whom I am now having the honor of watching them grow in their sisterhood. Sow – Reap!

I have spent countless days, weeks, months and years instilling in my daughter the value of education, hard work, and preparation and I am privileged to see her take a firm hold of her voice to speak out and speak up for what she believes in. I have had the pleasure of being consumed by the joy and wonderment of answering her hard put questions about the nature of man, the discord in our school district and the humanitarian causes of charity and unity and sisterhood. Sow – Reap!

I have watched a district open the doors to a school focused on the “whole” child and I continue to be amazed at the energy and enthusiasm by which the staff, students and administrator greet each day as the hope of new beginnings and promise fills their hearts. Sow – Reap!

I’ve watched a district’s positive momentum unravel in the last few months as it became bogged down and mired in the muck of untruths, questionable practices, disrespectful treatment and unconscionable acts of arrogance, ignorance and self-centered dictates. This is not just a wound, but rather a scar that will be worn throughout the entire reign of the current administration. Sow – Reap!

The most astonishing thing about the Sow and Reap principle is that you don’t have to “believe” in it or even consciously practice it…for it to take effect. It is what it is and does what it does! You can’t negate it, shake it, duck it, or counteract it. The best any of us can do is sow well and reap greatly!

You will soon be granted 365 days of opportunity to make a difference in this city "WE" call home -- So what will you Sow...and leave for the reaping?

2 comments:

Maria Pellum, Plainfield Resident said...

Hi Renata,

Nice post! I wish you and your family a Happy New Year!

RASRAHMATAZ said...

Thanks Maria -- and I pray you and your family PEACE and an awesome year of profound kindness, educational excellence and extraordinary community involvement

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved