Thursday, January 21, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes!

My daughter wrote a letter for this Tuesday's Board meeting because she wanted to talk to Dr. Gallon and the Board. As she sat there and watched the spectacle, she turned to me and said "Mom -- I’m not going to read this because they are not even listening to you all and I’m not going to waste my time". I tried to encourage her to do it anyway but she was adamant, in hindsight -- I would say she was dismayed and rather disheartened by the lack of honor among adults. Adults -- she is made to respect despite their lack of character.

WELL-- and she is going to KILL ME when she reads this in the morning -- YES SHE DOES READ MY BLOG!!! I am going to post her little self entitled: “Milani’s BOE Address”:


So if you want to know what is on the heart of at least one of this city’s children -- read it and be encouraged:

Hi I’m Milani Hernandez , ---------- Plainfield New Jersey.

I would like to say to all of you board members that it is a shame that you have to focus on the wrong things. Do you not realize that you are here to help US and not to have to deal with people strangling other people or people not being certified.

Dr. Gallon I don’t understand why you just couldn’t tell the truth. Honestly you would have been better off because if you haven’t heard one lie is the start of many more. My Aunt always says if you lie you’ll cheat and if you cheat you will steal. Those are not the kind of character traits my peers and I should be expected to follow or even want to.

If you haven’t realized Dr. Gallon a superintendent is suppose to help lead us into solving problems rather then creating them. You have to understand that you have affected us the most. All that money that you spent on non certified people you could have been updating books and other technologies in our schools.

It is truly a shame when you get on Fox 5’s Shame On You when you have kids like what was here tonight performing and doing positive things and it gets overlooked by adults acting stupid. That truly says something.

Honestly we all have the potential to do a job but having the potential and actually being certified is two totally different things. So my question for you tonight is when are you going to start being honest about how you handled this and do the right thing by your employees and the children so you can focus on what we really need to be focused on?

PS: If you don’t know what to focus on it’s as simple as this…we the children.

1 comment:

RASRAHMATAZ said...

Oooh How I LOVE that girl. I am Blessed among the blessed!!! A child with a discerning heart and the courage to pen it. Thank you LORD for entrusting her in my care.

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved