Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mr. Abdul Haqq -- You were On TARGET TONIGHT!

The following is an exact quote from a letter dated October 19, 2009 from the STATE of New Jersey Department of Education, issued by Executive County Superintendent of Schools - Carmen M. Centuolo, EdD;

Page 2 - 2nd to the last paragraph:

"In summary, although I acknowledge the professional and competent work of Ms. Kelly and Ms. Borge, I must direct you to remove them immediately from their current positions.  Their contracts must appear on the next Plainfield Board of Education agenda as contracts to rescind..."
So -- The Lawyer owes you an apology and an answer to your question because in fact THE BOARD did receive 'in writing' a directive to rescind these contracts. Which in short means your question had merit and deserves to be properly addressed.

I know you all are probably saying --- didn't you just say you would leave the certification issue up to the State -- and you would be right-- I sure did, but this is not about the certificates in so much that it is about getting at the truth.  The certificate is simply the tool for getting to the TRUTH.

Let me be plain -- My goal for Plainfield Public Schools is to have it designated as a Blue Ribbon School by 2015.  If that means I have to get in the face of Board Members or the Lawyer to get at the truth, and get  US to do the RIGHT thing by this city's children then I'm willing to do that often and always.

I'm going to give this gentleman the benefit of the doubt and simply say he (the Board Attorney) misspoke, but how he resolves this will be the true measure of his intent.

[Ooh yeah -- and my Professional Associates call me The Pitt Bull.  Imagine that!]

7 comments:

Maria Pellum, Plainfield Resident said...

Renata,

Thanks for posting this factual information regarding the required personnel moves that the BOE needed to take in regard to Ms. Kelly and Ms. Borge. I, just like you, will give the lawyer, and I'll add the BOE and the Superintendent here, for the "misspoken" facts, but just like you, I expect a clarification on the kind of information we are all getting from the sources that are looking into building the community's trust.

Now, if you could please repeat here the question that Mr. Abdul Haqq made last night, it will be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

RASRAHMATAZ said...

Hi Maria -- I can't promise you a verbatim but the spirit of the question was as follows: If a Provisional Certificates allows an individual up to 2 years to gain the required credentialing, why did the State send a letter requiring the Board to terminate the two employees?

Maria Pellum, Plainfield Resident said...

Aha! And this might be a question for the State. Shall that question be asked? Or shall the State revision be waited for? Decisions!

Thanks!

RASRAHMATAZ said...

I Have some follow up questions for Gwen and I plan to copy the BOE Pres. and CSA. I'll blog what I get or don't get...

Anonymous said...

Funny how Ms. Pellum has become Gallon's "pit-bull"

I wonder why?

Anonymous said...

For the record, there is no provisional status for Supervisor certification; you can only obtain a Standard Supervisor certificate after the NJDOE verfies all documents submitted for review. You can check out the criteria for Standard Supervisor on the NJDOE website, click educator, licensing and scroll to Supervisor. It states clearly states what is needed and the type you will recieve if all documents are correct.

Anonymous said...

Glad someone else recognized that as well....

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved