Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back Sooner than I Anticipated!!!

Hi -- I just wanted to provide some information to the public about my candidacy and expectations BEFORE all the questions start.

In running for the BOE it is my intention to not only perform my fiduciary responsibilities on behalf of our children and the community, but also to call on and hold the public accountable for doing their part. So, as you ask me questions, or any board member, keep in mind your part in the sum-total accountability equation. I will!

If you think I am going to solve all that ails and confronts our educational system -- THEN YOU ARE WRONG! I am running to help make it possible for YOU to help solve what ails us! I’m joining the fray to begin removing the barriers that hamper and/or interferes with the fundamental purpose of our educational system including overseeing the overseer.

As I prepare to take on this awesome task I pray you will be preparing yourselves to do likewise because I plan on helping to create an environment of inclusive conversation and dialog with all stakeholders, but that will do no good if YOU DON'T SHOW UP!

I will begin sharing with you How POWERFUL or NOT a Board actually is so that we are working from a source of informed empowerment as oppose to working assumptions. I’ve read all too often, and quite honestly assumed myself, what a BOARD could and should do in a given situation only to learn that the very policies and contracts that govern the organization limits its ability to actually perform effectually. What in the WORLD!!!

As a community I would suggest you all start looking into how you can usurp the Boards authority when they do not or in some circumstance cannot --because of policy and regulations-- perform in your best interests.

I think this campaign will be an eye-opening experience and new learning for ALL involved!

Looking forward to the challenge and the opportunity to serve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck in your quest! The City of Plainfield needs concerned, aware and determined individuals like you to untangle the knots of ignorance. Our city has such a rich history and it is sad to see the level of complacency in its citizens. Our young people are especially at risk of being left behind in a world that has become increasingly more competitive. It is the task of every adult to do something about the sad state of affairs and change the inevitable downfall of a generation. I applaude your effort and look forward to following your progress.

RASRAHMATAZ said...

Thank you, but please don't follow me...walk beside me and join in this worthwhile cause!

Bernice said...

Couldn't resist making a comment when I saw the word verification was "culpa." Mea culpa, my fault, or somebody else's that the district is in such straits? There is plenty of blame to go around - I am hoping for objective assessments and practical answers in 2010.

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved