Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Truth is Stranger...The Verdict is In!

Today my daughter and I underwent a lesson in civics, humanity, cooperation and jurisprudence. In one day, for 5 hours, I ran through several emotions including; pride, shame, sadness and satisfaction.

Judge Robinson Gross was a pure pleasure to watch. Her powerful adages and admonishments, her command of the law and her courtroom, her obvious passion and compassion for carrying out justice was a very fulfilling moment for me. As an African American woman and as the mother of an African American woman-to-be, the magnitude of pride watching the eloquence and grace of this master judge was an honor and a privilege.

The verdict was Guilty for the charge of Harassment and Inappropriate Touching; not an offense requiring incarceration (and I MUST AGREE) but not without penalty. The judge’s penalty has been stayed awaiting either an appeal or other paperwork to be submitted by the defense attorney to the state prosecutors and some other folks– all of which is OVER my head so do not ask me to explain this portion of the legal proceedings.

In so much that it is a crime, I would suspect the CSA with the prompting of the Board will be asking for her resignation effective immediately given this violates a few of the NJ Certification statutes and notwithstanding conduct unbecoming a school official.

I’m ashamed that this ever happened and it saddens me that so much negativity and ill-will was brought to this district under the guise of highly qualified, well intentioned Administrators who came to move our district forward. Honestly Plainfield – please keep your eyes wide open and begin to ask for enumeration of all of these children-centric outcomes the CSA is claiming.

I am satisfied, however that we will RISE ABOVE and BEYOND this.

Stay tuned for my daughter’s version of how she viewed the proceedings.

Real life is a wonderful teacher!

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved