Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do I have an Agenda? Hmmmm...You Betcha!

Lately I've been reading so many comments about people declaring they don’t have a personal agenda as though it were a “dirty” word/thing. The implication seems to be that if you do have an agenda your issues lack merit. As if the judge of authenticity is based on whether you have something to win/gain.  WTHeck!


We ALL have an AGENDA!

I have a child in the district. SHE absolutely without a doubt IS MY AGENDA! I'll do EVERYTHING I can to make sure she receives an outstanding education. Given we don't live in a bubble, EVERYTHING I do for her will be to the benefit of ALL this city's children!

I also have a major vested interest in this city -- my home not just my house but MY HOME!

AND further I was born, raised and schooled here so I not only have an agenda, I have a PURPOSE!

When did being an active participant in the process become a dirty word? What we need to question are folk’s intentions! Everyone's true intentions will be exposed at the end of the day; (for the good of the many)(making noise) (acting up/showing out) (grandstanding) (kicking up dust) (blowing in the wind) (getting elected) etc…

I have a bigger issue if YOU DON’T have an agenda because that means you are just jumping on the band wagon only to be flung to the ground as soon as it makes a wide "right" turn. The only impact you’ll make is on your butt! Now that’s a waste of time, talent and energy!

An AGENDA keeps you grounded!

Plan ahead people…Show’em what ya working with!

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved