Monday, February 22, 2010

In Response to the Lessons From Tiger Posted by PPS

Although I completely agree about the need to ALWAYS honor our children -- I cannot help but point to the other poignant parallel in Tiger’s address that has been ignored by Dr. Gallon.

Humility, Regret and A Sincere Apology -- to name a few.

Tiger said several times "I am sorry" and further expressed that sorrow by specifically pointing to where and to whom he had erred.

If the correlation between Gallon and Tiger is to hold any weight or relevance at all -- then I suggest that we start preparing the high school gymnasium for Gallon’s public apology. I will be there front and center to hear it AND I would accept his apology.

Be clear -- an apology doesn’t erase what has been done, but it does allow the healing to begin along with other necessary steps. And those other necessary steps include the resignation of Dr. Gallon, Borge, and Kelly. I do not feel they are what Plainfield needs.

A drunk driver can be forgiven for killing someone’s loved one, but they still must go to jail. The apology, however, would garner support from the victim’s family and may produce a letter that asks for a LESSER sentence.

An apology from the kid who threw the baseball through the glass pane window would allow for the conversation about retribution to begin – but payment would still be expected.

So an apology is simply a jump off point (you know this crazy merry-go-round) – it is the beginning of other necessary and critical steps to prove one’s contriteness. If you recall Tiger said – and I paraphrase – My wife said the true sincerity of my apology will be evident by how I conduct myself going forward...

To that I say AMEN!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the point of his posting? What is he trying to say? Tiger vs. Gallon? I don't get what he was trying to say and why he even put something like that up.

Anonymous said...

Renata, is he digging his hole deeper by even thinking that anyone is going to forget the torment and turmoil he has caused??!?... Some may forgive but noone will forget.... including and most importantly the children whom have now lost all respect for him.... shame shame shame on him. Also, can you please comment on that Doctrine of Necessity put up on the dustrict website to which Maria has given somewhat of a summary to as well as the CN article on it. Am I reading it correctly? Basically I see that Gallon found a way to swindle his way out of being evaluated. It all makes sense now on how we were mandated to fill and sign nepotism surveys in November.... unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

Renata - why would he try to compare himself to someone that has an addiction? Tiger has gone BACK TO REHAB! He has admitted that he has adversly effected his family, fans and people that look up to him. He has admitted that he needs help. Gallon will not admit that he has stolen the trust of Plainfield and its students. He is in denial. I don't understand his parallels!

Anonymous said...

An apology only means something if the person apologizing actually means it

Anonymous said...

I love the examples you gave about apologies and still paying the price. Excellent choice of words. I really hope the residents of Plainfield are finally awaken from their slumber to know the importance of voting and becoming involved in the education of our students and the lives of their children. Thanks for continuing to maintain endurance throughout this struggle.

Anonymous said...

OFAC Count Down,

Tick Toc

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved