Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meet BOE Candidate #9

Tammy Westbrook
Two-Year Term
As a seasoned educator, I fully understand the challenges faced by those who "do the work" of educating our children. The Board of Education is critically important to lead the success of classroom efforts. I am running for the Plainfield Board of Education to lend my personal and professional knowledge to help our children achieve at their highest potential.

I believe in our children and our community.

If elected to the Board, I will serve with excellence, integrity and impartiality and do all that I can to insure that our children are prepared to participate and compete in a rapidly-changing and technologically-advanced world.

  • Ten-year veteran teacher, Newark Public Schools
  • Single mother of three Plainfield High School graduates
  • B.A., Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana 1982
  • Masters in Education, St. Peter's College, Jersey City, NJ 2008
  • Member of Kappa Delta Pi, Educators Honor Society
  • Fifteen-year resident of Plainfield

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved