Saturday, March 21, 2009

Meet BOE Candidate #6

Joseph M. Ruffin, Sr.
Line 4 Candidate for Three-Year Term

I have been serving on the Plainfield Board of Education since I was appointed by the BOE to fulfill the remaining portion of the unexpired term of a Board Member who resigned. During this time I have attend all but one BOE meeting. I have participated in the expulsion hearings concerning students who had carried weapons into the high school.

In my more than 20 years in academia and pharmaceutical research I have been the employer representative in departmental union issues. Due to my many years of union involvement and the fact that I have no relatives employed by the District, I was asked and accepted to serve on the current teacher Contract Negotiations Committee.

I believe that in the current economic climate that a fair an equitable contract is imperative for the students, teachers, district and residents of Plainfield. I believe that a strong Plainfield School District not only directly benefits the students but also all residents by dispelling misperceptions of our children and increasing property values.
  • Member Fountain Baptist Church
  • Graduate of Philadelphia Public Schools
  • Bachelor of Science Degree Tuskegee University
  • Past President Tuskegee North New Jersey Tuskegee Alumni Club
  • Immediate Past President Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., Plainfield chapter
  • Recipient of YMCA’s NJ Minority Achievers Award for Outstanding Professional Accomplishments and Community Involvement
  • Recipient of Omega Man of the Year Award – Plainfield Chapter
  • Past President NJ Branch of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science
  • Recipient of Schering-Plough Excellence Award

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved