Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meet BOE Candidate #7

Joanne Hollis
Challenger - 3 Year Term

My name is Ms. Joanne Hollis. I am a lifelong resident of Plainfield , New Jersey. I am the mother of two children, and the grandmother of nine children, five of my grands attend the Plainfield Public School District. As you know, I am running for the Plainfield Board of Education. I have a vested interest in the learning outcomes which effect our childrens' lives daily. The Children in Plainfield are our most valued asset and someone must be stand in the gap on their behave.

  • Please note my profile below:
  • Graduate of Plainfield High School
  • Attended Union County College
  • Graduate of Sawyer Business School
  • Coursework at Rutgers University
  • Treasurer, N.J. Association of Public & Subsidized Housing
  • Former Certified Commissioner, Plainfield Housing Authority
  • Member, Mount Olive Baptist Church
  • Founder & Advisor of Elm West Sophisticated Steppers Drill Team
  • Founder, Elm West Association, Summer Youth Employment Program
  • Former Member of Plainfield City Council
I have been a community activist in the city of Plainfield for the past twenty (20) years. I have partnered with several organizations to provide summer employment, tutorial learning experiences, subsidized low income summer camp opportunities for all city children. I have also spear headed the free Back to School Grooming event that takes place annual for all children in our city.

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved