Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Meet BOE Candidate #2

"Katherine Peterson"


I am running for the Board of Education because of my 39 years of experience in education. In reviewing the responsibilities of board members such as, establishing goals based on educational needs of students, developing policies, developing community understanding of educational issues and budgeting, I have experience in all these areas.

My experiences are in education and include:
  • Teaching
  • Member of a child study team
  • Elementary school principal

I have served on the following committees:
  • Human Relations
  • Curriculum Development
  • District wide PTA/PTO Goal development

Finally, I am a lifelong resident of Plainfield, graduated from Plainfield schools and have a passion for education.

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved