Friday, November 6, 2009

The Way "I" See IT is...!

My Letter to the Community;

After reading our CSA’s letter of November, I am compelled to write this so that he as well as the BOE and the community are clear as to what it is I seek per my call to action letter.

My specific request was for ACTION not information!

As a citizen I have the right to request action and where information is public that as well.

The certification issue with regard to these ladies is public knowledge – so there is really no need to red herring the conversation to this end. I’ve looked up both these ladies and see that one is certified for teaching math, while another had disciplinary action taken against her in ’99 that lasted until ’01 – and I was unable to locate any certifications.

The County Superintendent has done the research and she has found them lacking the appropriate certification -- that is GOOD ENOUGH for me! Lessen of course-- the BOE can produce other substantiated information that would support retaining them in their positions, but until THEY DO/YOU DO…put these girls on suspension without pay!

I think we all need to get off our collective duffs and go to the Board meeting on November 10th and share our concern, but we need to be organized and purposeful. We need to ensure that each Board member is given the opportunity to speak and address our issues.

Let’s meet ½ hour before the meeting and plan a strategy, or better yet Monday at the public library. What say ye one and all???!!!

Let’s confront this issue with dignity and tact so that they are unable to ignore us any longer. If we approach this with arrogance, ignorance and malediction then we give them the power to marginalize our concerns and our presence.

If you are interested in forming a united front -- email me: rannette439@verizon.net

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved