Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here's My Take On The Situation...Part Duos

To all my teacher-friends, parent-friends, community-friends, board-friends, lifelong friends and associate friends – Keep YOUR Head Up!

Last night should be seen as an awakening. Despite the jokes I posted earlier, no matter how poignant – I get what happened; what’s happening – but what EACH of US has to remember is that we wrestle NOT against Flesh and Blood. You Feel Me!

It’s important that we understand who the Board Members are from the tip of their toes to the top of their head and from the bottom of their hearts.

Today we’ve been shown.

We can pretend not to notice and allow things to continue status quo – or we can dust off our heels and continue to be about the right business for the right reasons.

I caution you sincerely – DO NOT waste your energy trying to expose, depose or reconcile what has happened, is happening. Stay focused, stay teaching, parenting, supporting or whatever it is you are doing for the good of this city, its schools and our children – for the righteous are NEVER forsaken! Of this promise my friends -- I am SURE!

I am sustained and I remain;
Renata A. Hernandez
XOXO

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Renatta, for all you do. Everyone cannot do what you do with such intellect and grace. Witnessing how you handle yourself when confronted with such ignorance as we all were exposed to last night makes us all stronger. You are absolutely right! We must all stay focused on what is most important - our children and families, our city and schools.

RASRAHMATAZ said...

We are a RESILIENT people! And that's not A Black thing, A White thing or A Hispanic thing -- It's a RIGHTEOUS THING!

Anonymous said...

But you must laugh at some of the quotes of the evening:

"someone is goin' to jail"
"You got that on tape?"
"The charter schools is comin' yall!"
"..hoodwinked, bamboozled"
"This ain't an employment agency"
"Bring it!"
"Amen, Amen"
We have to find some humor in last nights sad, sad ..can we call that a meeting?

RASRAHMATAZ said...

LOL 10:53 -- there were certainly a lot of them. I had several people ask me did you really say "I will NOT be IGNORED"...and I mean it and then I should of said "Consider it Brought" and then stuck out my tongue with my hands on my hips... LMBO!!!

RASRAHMATAZ said...

OOh yeah and I had to fight like heck to keep from saying in my best Ceile from The Color Purple... fingers pointed and all -- "Until YOU do Right by US...everything you touch is gonna crumble!"...

I wanted to say that so BADDDD!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I wanted to ask ...are the charter schools to be considered Plainfield's first UFO sighting???? "The Charter schools is coming..and they are looking to land!"

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved