Sunday, October 25, 2009

Houston We've Got A Problem...

By now you well-read folks have read the article written by Mr. Cooke for the Courier -- if you haven't-- please make sure you do.


I can not believe we are back where we started last year...different chair but the same friggin row! Unbelievable!


Employees have been complaining about the Floridian Trio's (actually all 4 of 'em) treatment since they came to Jersey. Why didn't anyone listen??? What organization do you know of that would totally and completely ignore its employees' repeated complaints? This is management 101 theory. Come ON already!


So what are we going to do??? If I had my druthers...

  • First, I recommend the immediate dismissal of the two ladies in question. The same conclusion our county Super offered. Harsh yes, but so were the layoffs of several teachers a year ago who WERE qualified and certified. The salary of these two ladies would pay for about 5 teachers...!!! I rather have teachers!!!


  • Second -- I would ask for full reimbursement of all monies siphoned to these two gals either for tuition and/or training, conferences or seminars plus the difference in salary for the job they actually qualify for. We've got teachers in this district that have been here for 15 years and have not been given the opportunity to attend out of state conferences at the rate that these two (actually 3 of them) have nor does our teachers make anything near these salaries!!!


  • Next I would ask for Dr. Gallon, III's full and complete admission of the circumstances surrounding this issue, followed by a full apology. He owes us an apology because of the time and aggravation this mess has caused and further distracts us from our current course -- ensuring A Quality EDUCATION for our children. I'm not going so far as to ask for his resignation until I see how he handles the first three items. If he falters on either one -- I would terminate him.

  • And finally -- I would ask the BOARD OF EDUCATION to hold a Special Community Forum where EACH and EVERY ONE of them offers their full apology for what occurred, admits to their complacency and/or objections to what occurred and then tells us HOW THEY ARE GOING TO FIX IT and ENSURE it DOES NOT happen AGAIN!

What do you all think/want to happen?? It's our school system -- make some NOISE!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! I could not have said it better myself! As you know, I have been questioning certification for quite some time now. Dr. Centuolo knew back in May 2008 that certification was an issue. She chose to ignore it.

I believe the Board should demand the monies back from not only these two ladies, and also demand Gallon's resignation. He was the one who made the "suggestion" to them, thereby hiring them for jobs they were not qualified to do. In doing so, he committed fraud by stating that they had the proper qualifications/certifications necessary to be in those positions, making that salary.

I don't think Gallon is stupid. I think Gallon knew full-well what he was doing and figured that those "folk from Plainfield" wouldn't figure it out.

I say he needs to go, along with the other Floridians. I also think we need to rehire all of those administrators who were let go.

Renata, you know I was at that meeting the other night. It was brutal with my son there, waiting for "privilege of the floor" only to be told "it wouldn't be prudent to answer your question now." I feel, and this is my own personal opinion, that Dr. Gallon is rude and has absolutely no thought or courtesy for the people he was hired to serve. That in and of itself should be enough to let him go.

Anyhow, thanks for letting me rant! I'll speak to you soon!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Question - how long will the board deliberate? It appears to me that they owe the parents and staff a deadline to report their findings!

RASRAHMATAZ said...

I think it is up to the Plainfield residence to demand the report. I do not expect it to be something forthcoming from them. It's time to get it and us together and go down there and demand to be heard on OUR TIME not theirs. Enough with the filibustering!!! It's time PEOPLE!

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved