Friday, October 10, 2008

Keeping the Main Thing -- "THE MAIN THING!"

I wanted to clarify why I have decided to release the communications between PEP and the District.

I have been approached with various versions of what PEP has said, has done, is planning to do etc... So as a matter of TRANSPARENCY I want to make public what PEP is doing, how, why and with whom. Instead of third-party hearsay I am reposting the exact communiqués that transpired.

Last night's District address (which --by the way-- was very good overall) -- repeated one single theme -- Cooperation!

Through The Power of "C" parental/community involvement campaign, PEP had long ago identified this as one the three main tenets that make up effective community engagement; specifically Communication, Collaboration (a.k.a. Cooperation), and Commitment.

PEP is not looking to be a clearinghouse for all issues PPS. We want to harness the talents and abilities of our community in COOPERATION with the District in moving us towards educational excellence.

Yes!!! That does mean discussing what ails us publicly, but it also means helping to identify and being a part of the solution.

I am going to continue to post the communications between the District and I -- good, bad and yes some times the trifling. I am going to continue to work as a parent, a family and community advocate, a community resident, a home owner, a tax payer and a strong, intelligent Black Woman because I need to let those young ladies who so eloquently presented at our Board meeting not so long ago that THIS BLACK WOMAN -- Lives, is Present and Ready to Partner to make a difference in the life of the MAIN THING
-- our CHILDREN!!!

As my man Bill Cosby said, "Sometimes you just have to be blunt..."

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved