Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And The (Righteous) -- Taketh By Force!

THEY have taken US to task and certainly off task – BUT for a little while.

Good Morning PEP Family –

Over the past 3 months PEP has encounters, and more specifically “Me” as the President and representative of PEP, some very troubling behaviors with regard to our District and their willingness (or lack thereof) to support community and family involvement groups and programs.

I have had to defend PEP’s position on several occasions and have been personally and publically lambasted by the leadership of this District. I have been called presumptuous, but most recently disingenuous and a clearinghouse of political propaganda.

If providing the public with truthful information, organizing community and family involvement activities and asking questions to our District leadership with regard to what this community and our families need to help move our children towards educational excellence – then I will continue to undergo these less than honorable circumstances in practice.

Over the next several days I am going to post some communiques with regard to requests that I have submitted on behalf of PEP. I want you all to see for yourselves and judge for yourselves if what I have experienced represents an authentic leaning towards community and family involvement as put forth by our District leadership.

Judge for yourself – I submit:

Here’s a real transcript from a series of emails that transpired as I was trying to work through the district in support of the “community and family” involvement strategic goal #5. I “dashed” out the names because this is not about who said what in so much as it is about the philosophical and fundamental practices of a department that is suppose to be about the business of engaging in supportive family/community involvement. I reposted this in date order so that you all wouldn’t have to read backwards –so when something notes see below – it is really above for our purposes.

I lived this so that you can learn from it…

-----------------------------------
My Initial Request Email: sent on 9/16

I need to understand how and with whom PEP should work with in district. Formerly, --------------- would have the meeting flyers and agendas translated and distributed through the family liaisons to each of the schools. I'd like to know how we will go about it this year.

I have attached the meeting flyer and agenda.

<<>> <<>>

Please let me know how to proceed and what the process requirements are going forward.
---------------------------------------------------
1 week later no response – so I followed up on 9/23:

Good Morning -- & -- I really need to get a response regarding the request below. More importantly -- I'd like to know "who" is my contact within the PPS district. If none -- please say so.

I would appreciate a reply of some kind.

Thanks,
Renata
-----------------------------------------------------
District Response received 9/23:

Please clarify what information/support you are requesting.

I am willing to assist in anyway possible; however, I need clarification on your request.

Thanks,
-------------------------------------------------
My Response on 9/23

Specifically, as noted in my email to you on 9/16 :
---meeting flyers and agendas translated and distributed to the schools;
--- what is the timeline for turnaround (the translated version) and distribution to the schools
--- I'd like to know how we will go about it this year.

Thanks,
----------------------------------------------------------------
District Follow-up Response: 9/23:

Distributed information to students must be approved by the Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services. These flyers and/or agendas should be submitted to my office electronically. We will ensure its translation within 48 hours. The approval period typically takes 24 hours.

Thanks,

---------------------------------------------
Believe it or not this in not the end of this simple request. Nothing completely earth shattering -- right?... Well Tune in tomorrow as I post the conclusion of this experience.

Be Informed, Be Involved and Be Well!

*Tootles*

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved