Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Meeting of the MINDS!

Well PEP had an outstanding inaugural meeting of minds last night!

My gratitude and thanks to all you who came out last night! We had representation from every single school last night including PTO Board Members, Parents, Community Members and District Personnel. This is PEP in motion. This IS what PEP is about -- Forging Partnerships inclusive of every single stakeholder in the city of Plainfield -- determined, poised and committed to MOVING THIS DISTRICT FORWARD!

We have a NEW PEP Board, Research Correspondent & Advisors. And They Are:

Co-Vice President: Vicky Hubbard
Co-Vice President: Alicia Jones
Research Correspondent: Maria Pellum
Program Advisor: Dr. Susan Phifer
Policy Advisor: Debbie Meyers


Note: The President, Secretary and Honorary Board Member remain as is!

Last night each attendee was asked to share a quote, belief or expression that is the guiding principle for their life. And here’s what they had to said:

  • People have a right to an education without fear.
  • Children are the key! That is all that matters!
  • No one rises to low expectations!
  • God is a light and salvation.
  • Treat others the way You want to be treated.
  • Jesus Christ is the way.
  • Do your best today!
  • It takes a village to raise a child.
  • In the eyes of God we are all equal.
How profound!!! If I could hand pick people to partner with – these are the people I would select. PEP is honored to have them and these guiding principles as part of the team!

And on a final thought…you've seen it before and I'll share it again – my guiding principle:

Our Greatest FearMarianne Williamson ~ A Return to Love

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Renata on a succesful Inaugural meeting. I love your Board set up. This is what PEP is all about and our children, schools & community will benefit greatly from the involvement. I am excited with the possibilities and I can feel the success of our District in the air. I want to encourage you and the PEP Board to stand strong and be passionate in your efforts. It's a non-paying job but as former Vice-President of PEP "Cathy Battle" used to say, "someone did it for us and now we have to do it for our children!" I love your communication even if sometimes I have to say "ouch". It is what it is.

V.S.

Simone Says said...

Hey Renata,

Sorry I couldn't make it to the PEP meeting, I had two sick kids on my hand. I'm glad that everything went well and I am looking to getting more involved!

Verizon#1 said...

Wonderful start Renata. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Vicky

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved