Friday, August 28, 2009

*SMH* and Stomping my FEET!

Well I just had a heck of an experience at the PNC Bank on South Avenue in Plainfield. Talk about lack of customer service!!! First I go through the drive-thru and after placing my items in the container and sending it off, I noticed this tattered note that read: “The Drive Thru is for the Convenience of The Bank’s Customers Only”.

Well hello!!! Because I do not have an account there doesn’t mean I am not a customer when in fact I am presenting the instrument of your account holder who has extended the service of your bank to me by virtue of issuing me a check drawn on their account through your bank.

How friggin upsurd!!! (a value greater than absurd)

To add insult to injury they made me come in to conduct my business. I go in only to be told the check I have is too old to be honored. Which by the way – there is NO EXPIRATION DATE noted anywhere on the check. If I was not in such a state of pistivity right now I might find this funny. I mean WTH!!! You could not have taken the time to tell me that when you picked up my documents the first time!

Needless to say, I left there and left them with a few choice words, but MOM you would be so proud of me because I DID NOT utter a single profanity!

And to answer the young lady’s question – No I am NOT a Customer at this bank and Nor will I EVER BE ONE!

P.S. If any one banks there please let them know...they've been blogged about!

2 comments:

olddoc said...

Raz, I believe most if not all banks will not honor a check that is 6 months or more old.Even checks issued by large business are refused by the bank.

You were not singled out by the bank an that score, but I agree that "public relations" stunk.

RASRAHMATAZ said...

Old Doc I had less issue with them not honoring the check (that was only more salt on the wound)-- my issue is with their definition of a customer so that a drive thru convenience can only be used by account holding customers (In all my YEARS I have never heard of such nonsense) and 2ndly -- having me come into the bank when the cashier could have and should have noted the check date and not wasted my time. I don't feel singled out at all -- I believe what I experienced is systemic as well as disgusting.

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved