Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Book | Chapter 1 : SIX

Oh, YES! Vince knew all too well how it felt to be poor and he didn’t like being reminded of it either.

It’s not like he could have forgotten; after all wasn’t it he that held the all day carnival for the community’s children and any proceeds went to pay for meals for homeless families and support homeless shelters. “Hell when was it going to stop! The guilt of being successful. The handouts."

"What’s enough?"

“I’m damned if I do or damned if I don’t. Once again I could hear the public outcry only this time it would be a sing-along chorus of “Oh Parkers gotten to high on this horse to reach down and help someone, or, imagine that bastard turning down the social service workfare program." "Whatever happened to the idea of giving back to the community?”

“Hell- why me?"

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved