Sunday, August 23, 2009

Program Interruptous! ...---...

...---...

All,

I wanted to share a positive experience regarding the “NEW” Academy. My daughter attended the student orientation for the Plainfield Academy for the Arts and Advanced Studies this past Friday and it does my heart proud to see how absolutely EXCITED she is about this school.

When I came home from work she could barely contain herself in order to share with me her first impressions about PAAAS. From the cameras and dance studio, to the “iMac” computers, her graphic arts class, her friends and the TV studio cameras – her gittiness left my head spinning! Ooh and least I forget the big screen TVs...but she also reminded me that it is going to be very strict. "If you come home with a "C" or less for two marking periods -- YOU are OUT of the School!" LOL...I'm loving the dose of healthy pressure she's feeling from someone other than me about her grades.

Me thinketh a true partnership has begun!

It hasn’t been since her first day at head start that I have seen this wild-eyed amazement in her when it comes to school and all things school-like.

So – I’m thrilled my Plainfield Family and I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things ahead of our students, our city and our community.


Remember – Our WORDS create our reality… “LIFE, Camera – ACTION!!!”
Be WELL and Walkie Your Talkie!

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved