Friday, December 5, 2008

Can "I" get a WHAT! WHAT!!

OK Ladies & Gentlemen – here are our last 10 “I’s” of Effective Parenting as authored by Principal Kafele.

I hope you have taken this opportunity to truly embrace and engrave these 50 “I” principles shared with you over the past two weeks in the hearts and minds of you and your children. Create some fancy plaques with graphics, personal family photos and frames and create a VISION Wall for your home. Let the sentiments of these adages reestablish, reaffirm and/or redirect the mindset of your family with regard to education in cooperation with parental involvement.

And finally – If we are ever going to position the Plainfield Educational System to be the conduit by which our children reach their maximum intellectual, social and civic potential – than YOU and I must begin to own our part in the SUCCESS STORY of Plainfield Public Schools.

Without further ado – your final 10 “I’s” of effective parenting:

41. I teach my children conflict resolution.

42. I teach my children coping and survival skills.

43. I monitor my children's media exposure.

44. I monitor who my children spend their time with.

45. I provide for my children while not depriving them of their needs.

46. I teach my children about good hygiene and grooming.

47. I monitor my children's attire and overall appearance and have a say in what they wear and how they wear it.

48. I talk to my children about respecting adults.

49. I talk to my children about proper relations with the opposite gender.

50. I talk to my sons about respecting, valuing, appreciating and getting along with other young men.

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved