Monday, September 14, 2009

What a Wonderful Experience!

On Friday evening I received a call from my daughter’s school Vice Principal, Mrs. Bento. She was calling to find out how the 1st week and two days of school had gone and if there was anything she or the school could do to improve.

What a novel idea!

Now before folks starting getting all itchy – I LOVED Frank Asante – his style, his presence and most of all his commitment to the children – but this was just an ABOVE and BEYOND experience that as a parent who has had a child in the Plainfield Public schools for the past 9 years – had not encountered.

Oooh I’ve gotten call backs from school administrators, but that was usually the result of me initiating the call…

She was genuinely interested! Her love for the school, these children and the opportunity at hand was distinctly presence in her voice. I shared one concern I had (I had actually planned to go into the school today to discuss) I was immediately offered an amicable and reasonable solution.

I am truly excited about this school, its leadership and the already obvious positive effects it is having on the psyche of our children. My Lovey has always liked school, but now she has a new interest in learning, expressing herself and her dreams, and being a part of something magnificent. I would say it was pride and ownership and hope that I see in her, but for now I’ll just call it the result of newness and wonder.

I’ll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved