Friday, September 11, 2009

The Book | Chapter 2 : Ten

Ring!…Ring! Doucan wakes from his restful nap in the arms of Roxy and clumsily reaches for the phone on the end table next to the sofa; “Yeah, Angie who is it?”, “It’s your wife Chief Doucan.” “Okay, thanks Angie.” “Hi Hun, how are you doing?” “ Pretty good baby, I have the afternoon free and thought we could go to Toni’s for a bite, so what do you say -- got some time for your other half?”

“Clare, honey, I’ll always have time for you, but before you quote me on that why don’t you check back with me around one-thirty. We’ve got a gang of teenagers being brought in -- in connection with that string of robberies over there in Meadowbrook Villa, and I’ve got to be there to supervise my guys and make sure they don’t get carried away because they are only kids.”

“Bad kids, but kids just the same, and the DA gets very nervous when it comes to prosecuting kids. So, there’s no room for mistakes that can throw this case out of court.” “Okay, baby, well you take it easy and I’ll check back with you around one-thirty; Love ya - bye.” “Love ya too -- bye.”

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved