Monday, February 2, 2009

Cause vs. Purpose

I heard a marvelous Word yesterday at Church: Cause versus Purpose...

Until that moment I would have said PEP is my purpose...that is to say...equipping parents with knowledge, information and encouragement to collaborate with our educators and uplift our educational system for the betterment of children and our community. The problem with that premise is that there has to be parents and/or community members interested in doing just that. What happens when no one shows up at your meeting? Does that now negate My "Purpose"?

It appears the blessing is not in the purpose by rather the cause. Believing this Word to be Divinely Inspired...I must now focus my intentions on the cause:

  • Be CAUSE our children deserve the best!
  • Be CAUSE our parents are culpable
  • Be CAUSE our teachers are capable
  • Be CAUSE our administrators are competent
  • Be CAUSE our Students - Will Be Able To
  • and Be CAUSE the community-at-large Cares!

So -- I do this just ... Be CAUSE!

Thanks Pastor Miller for reminding me why and for whom!

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved