Friday, January 30, 2009

No Man (or Woman) is an Island...

Thanks to those of you who reached out to keep me encouraged...I do appreciate it! This however -- is not really about me...it is about the other 6,999 parents/caregivers in this community who have children in PPSD.

My daughter has been going to PPS since she was 3 1/2... she is smart, progressive, considerate, cooperative and well on her way to becoming a well rounded/grounded citizen and that's because I'm involved in a partnership with her school's administrator and her teachers!

There's no secret, no magic, no special ingredients -- it's as simple as being committed to being involved.

What we face are the "outside" perceptions of what "being educated by and in Plainfield Public Schools" mean. I can not change that on my own...

My prayer is that the Plainfield Community begins to realize its worth -- both instrinsic value and purpose!

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved