Thursday, January 15, 2009

And then there were NINE...(9)...Niner!

PEP had to keep a little quiet about the interim appointment to the BOE because one of our very own Board Members (Alicia Jones) had applied for the position. Although I wanted her to get the assignment because – (a). I am a witness to her commitment to our children, (b). She is already maintaining an active role in our schools and community and c). She’s a friend…I’m glad she will still be a part of our PEP TEAM!

Now as for the appointee and even the others who applied…who are they? Where have they been? What have they done in our community? Where do they come from?

Am I a little concerned that I’m only hearing of these folks when there’s an opportunity for a “power” position? Just a little. Aren’t you?

I pray that Mr. Ruffin is more than just a power-broker-player. I pray that his true intentions are that of uplifting our educational system. I pray that these intentions are made obvious and in short order.

If you were one of the ones who applied or if you know them – please send me a little history about your/their activitism in our community – I’d like to get to know you/them. An election is just around the corner…perhaps you/they would make a fine candidate.

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved