Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Long Awaited Debut...

It's been a long time coming and something I've been pondering for a few months -- joining the league of community BLOGGERS. Journaling -- which is essentially what blogging is all about-- requires serious commitment and quite honestly I have too many partially started journals to say I am an official journaler...now turned blogger. But with that said -- I will give it the old college-try. Please be patient with this blog and me as I find my writing groove over the next few weeks and months to identify the best time of day to provide consistent write-ups. Just know -- my intentions will always be to help keep parents and community stakeholders aware, involved and engaged in the educational system of our fair city.

As the President of PEP I have committed to reaching out to the community at large beyond what has traditionally been done to really give parents (and all community stakeholders for that matter) an opportunity to not only get involved but stay involved! The purpose of this blogger's blog is to discuss, share and provide ideas on how to PARTNER optimally so that the children of Plainfield reach their full potential.

I will remain open to honest and well-intentioned debates, but I will not kowtow or apologize for unpopular opinions expressed. That's what is key to remember when reading this blog (or any blog) it is the writer's prerogative "O-pinion" protected by the 1st amendment and no more valid then your own ideas on the very same matter...it is not shall we say the 'gospel'. I will not engage in personal attacks--meaning singling out any one individual-- nor will I allow such comments to be posted on this blog. That is counter-productive to the purposes and intent of this blogger's blog. I will however boldly call out the activities/actions (or lack thereof) of entities directly involved in and responsible for the soundness of our school system, our children and this community with regard to fundamentally flawed practices that neither benefit nor provide for a competitively rigorous education.

Okay -- well with that said...let's get BLOGGOLICIOUS...P.S.: much like the word "blog" I am all about creating my own vocabulary to express my views -- so get out your pens, take note and put away your Thorndyke Barnhardt, Funk & Wagnalls -- because chances are you won't find them in there...yet anyway.

3 comments:

Maria Pellum, Plainfield Resident said...

Great start Renata! Congratulations on this new way of communicating with parents and stakeholders. It's needed.

Wish you much luck and success! I'll make sure to send your blog's link to as many parents as I have e-mails from.

Maria Pellum
Proud Evergreen Parent

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I had begun to think the work I began prior to joining the Board to help parents get involved had stopped, and it saddened me as I truly believed in Parents Empowering Parents united with the District (most of the time) would help our children move forward.

As previously done, I extend myself to you as a tool if you need assistance.

PEP indeed has opened a brand new door with the blog site and I hope it's used to uplift and build the Community. I have some names of parents who would like to step up and serve the children as I've been informed you have stepped down as President. Can you post when the next meeting is or will there be another election? It would be nice to know who will be in charge of this lead parent organization prior to September so we can sit together and share our hopes for the future.

Good luck and again Congratulations on everything! V.S.

Anonymous said...

good luck,glad we have another blogger...........welcome

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved