Friday, May 1, 2009

PEPTalk -- The Next Phase!

This is probably one of the toughest postings I’ve had to write since beginning the journaling journey for PEPTalk. It’s been an AWESOME ride!!!

As a native resident, former student and involved parent my heart is heavy with this unavoidable eventuality. As God is the Author of MY destiny – I trust that where I am going will better position me to live life in fulfillment of His master plan and Glory. So with that said – I am confident that the best is yet to come!

I thank all of you who have supported PEP and me personally, and quite honestly I am thankful for those who did not support PEP or me – as these were lessons not lost but instead have and will continue to aid me on my road to self actualization. I pray you will continue to be engaged with the educational institution of this fair city as the CHILDREN NEED YOU!

Please continue to get involved and stay involved so that OUR CHILDREN learn the morals and values needed to lead a healthy and happy life. If they could go it alone then they would not be born but hatched… As the song goes – They NEED YOU to SURVIVE…and that is for their survival as well as your own. With the purest of intentions go forth…demand more, give amply and know you do not tarry in vain!

PEPTalk “The Blog” is the brainchild of yours truly and as such it will continue to exist – it of course will no longer be a part of the Parents Empowering Parents group/organization. Instead, I will publish daily diatribes from the perspective of a parent with a child in public school from whatever town my family and I reside in with the hope that you will be able to glean valuable insight into how other schools as well as other districts function. If nothing else you will discover those areas of deficiency that are universal as well as those areas within the Plainfield Public School system that can and should be revitalized. I hope you all will still continue to honor me with your readership, comments and contrary opinions.

Well All -- there's only 1 meeting left for PEP this year and that's the 8th Annual Superintendent's Apple Awards. This is a District sponsored event that is coordinated and hosted by PEP (or atleast has been since its inception). It is a day set aside to honor the hardwork and dedication our parent and community volunteers put in during the course of the school year.

I'm not clear where we stand exactly with this, but I will certainly let you all know more as soon as I can. My hope is that it will take place. Originally -- in the beginning of the year I agreed to fund the food for this event -- this of course was BEFORE the district decided not to provide PEP with any funding whatsoever this year -- so needless to say all copies, mailings, and food provided to date have come from my pocket. My budget for PEP is now exhausted. So, again -- I'll let you all know in the coming weeks if the SAA is a go!

Fondly – I remain,
Renata A. Hernandez
Parent, Partner, Present

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renata - you're LEAVING Plainfield??? Another sad day for Plainfield, New Jersey. God Speed to you and your family - Plainfield's loss, another town's gain. You're going to shine wherever you end up.

RASRAHMATAZ said...

I hope that I do not have to leave Plainfield! For now I am here though! I thank you kindly for well wishes and support!!!

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved