Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Crabs in a Barrel!!!

Normally I don’t do this. I try to keep the information here of value to the public so that those who choose to become better informed about education have a resource. But --- I have to respond to the NJForum postings that have been occurring over the past few days. It’s been relatively quiet, but you see just like “crabs in a barrel” the need to pick apart an individual who see things differently and has the courage to speak about it, write about it and stand behind it…is so innate in our community.

The sad part is that the posters not only hide behind anonymity but have the gall to pronounce themselves either educators AKA teachers or worse parents! Now you would think with all the concern and writing they do on this forum you would see or even hear of them actively pursuing remediation and/or improvement in our schools and community. Not even!

One has gone so far as to suggest that my posting in reply to their posting is why parents don’t get involved with PEP. Well – here’s a newsflash for you…PEP is NOT the only way to get involved! But as I see it – this reasoning is just another excuse for parents to sit back on their buttocks and complain. Heck – it is easier to second guess everyone else who is trying to make a difference.

Parental involvement in this community SUCKED way before I took the helm of PEP. When it was lead by Mr. Graves folks complained about his style and before him they complained about that leadership. So it doesn’t matter who leads up the group – the point is that SOMEONE step up to the plate to encourage parental involvement.

Certainly folks talked about and crucified Jesus, my lord, and he performed VISIBLE miracles – so I knew coming into this that there would be naysayers and mischaracterization of me and my motives in my lowly human form. But -- just like I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ – I am not AFRAID of what folks might say.

What I’m afraid of ------------ is that Plainfield will never reach its full potential because of people like those negative noise mongers on NJFORUM; they are so selfish and cowardly and only spew insults and ridicule folks as they hide behind their ridiculous tagnames. If their motives were genuine, they would be promoting unity and creating opportunities for joint ventures and a better education for all.

You would think with 13 kids, UD housing and only corn’s by-product to eat -- they would be more focused on the important things in life! (Sorry -- I couldn’t resist it!!)

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved