Monday, May 24, 2010

A Walk Worth Taking!

Saturday there was a fundraising walk-a-thon which I proudly got to attended. It was a very nice event. Many people, to my surprise, showed up and walked a whole lot. This fundraiser was dedicated to helping to find a cure for cancer, and it received a lot of support judging by all the walkers that were out and about. I believe the organizer came close to or met their goal of raising $40,000 for the cause


It did get kind of messy around 10’oclock because of the really heavy rain, but some people were so dedicated they still walked and supported the cause. On the other hand I went into the sleeper to stay dry and hopefully get some sleep. (laughing out loud).

What A Cozy Cove...

That's me trying to HIDE from the PHOTO Monster!

This event meant a lot to me since my grandmother died from Glioblastoma Multiforme, (a form of brain cancer) almost 4 years ago. This inspired me to really walk and support the event since I had lost a really close relative and I know how quick it strikes and how sad it can leave a family.

Even if you don’t have relatives with cancer just do it because it’s the right thing to do. If you were in a situation where you needed treatment wouldn’t you want someone to walk for you to help you get the things that you need to survive?

This event was more than just raising money for people with cancer. It was to help build you, to build your heart to give back all that you’ve received. That is why we all should do things like this. Don’t think they are out to get your money if you do than maybe this isn’t for you when you do this your heart has to be in the right place, and during this event I really saw that.

So on that note, I hope next time you guys will come out and support this activity. You don’t have to be an adult to make a difference. This is important and when you have participated in it you will have a feeling of accomplishment and pride. Even if you just attend for even 1 hour, it can make a difference in someone’s life. Next year you have a chance, make a difference; use that opportunity appropriately. In the long run you will feel so good about taking part in a community event that is helping to stamp out cancer!

Tomorrow:It's that TIME:  Finals! Studying Strategies – how I tackle the testing monster!

2 comments:

Maria Pellum, Plainfield Resident said...

Thanks Milani. Your post has inspired me to take "the walk" next year, even if it is for just an hour.

I look forward to keep reading your posts.

Rebecca Williams said...

I did about two miles on the Relay for Life this year--next year, I will definitely do more!

Cancer never sleeps.

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved