Monday, April 20, 2009

La Ultima Pregunta!

Please identify 1 ISSUE facing our children that YOU as a Board Member will commit your term service to insuring it is resolved?

Ok so -- here’s where I got a lot of information but with what I felt was very little “actionable” substance.

Most candidates spent the first few seconds of this question commenting on how there are really more than ONE issue we are currently facing in our district. But once they finished wading through and/or enumerating the many things that needed to be addressed they did pick one. Safety, Relationships, Parental Involvement (YEAH), Curriculum and Instruction (Yeah – Again), Tools and Materials and highly-qualified /certified Teachers were among those things listed.

Before we go on -- take a look at list. There are conclusively at least 6 items that surfaced. Now had the candidates really internalized the question they would have realized that although they were asked to own and commit to the resolution of one…if in fact each one did that (Own and Commit to the RESOLUTION)– then each cycle/term/year of the BOE would produce at LEAST 9 resolved issues facing our children. Now THAT’S what I’m TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Nevertheless we move on…

What lacked in the response to this question was a simple line or two on just how they would tackle the issue they identified. Before folks go getting all upset – SOME did provide a window into just how and what that would look like, but the majority of replies missed the mark. I know they only had a minute but that’s how debates/forums/discussion sessions work. I certainly would expect each of them to have at least one issue and one resolution in their head and hearts – note the phrase – “at least one”…ready to be shared with the public.

By now I imagine you all realize that I will not be PUBLICALLY endorsing anyone, group or affiliate. Voting is a personal and private chance, ergo the curtain and booth set-up. My goal here is/was to provide you the public with information I’ve gathered, from my perspective, in hopes that you the readers, voters and public of Plainfield will/would find yourself better able to make an informed decision after having been exposed to “my” truths.

I believe there are certainly 4 worthy candidates vying for this awesome task and appointment; I am privileged and honored to have had the opportunity to meet with, speak with and hear from each of them.

Vote YOUR conscience, party, friendship line – the important thing is to just VOTE!

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved