Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Retrospectively Speaking...

As I look back on the past 3 years, but most notably the past year, I have to marvel at all the learning that took place. Whether it was researching the K-8 model, CIM (in the business world we call it CPI) or the value of parental involvement under the direction of a parental involvement policy – the insight that resulted will forever change who I am.

I’ve learned a whole heck of lot about people too. Just check out where I started in terms of a “team” and where I ended. Thanks GEORGE R. and Mrs. Strossie Smith for hanging in there with me! People have a different interpretation of what commitment means as well as quality service-level (performance). And whether you lead by example or set expectations --people will only do what they want when they want to.

There will always be those that complain incessantly – just take a look at the NJ Forum (but the Bible does provide solid council on this). No matter how much truth gets published the murmurers and complainers will only acknowledge what is convenient to support their personal feelings/agendas.

I’ve learned that people in power don’t necessary “play fair” yet they can never escape the laws of reap and sow! Everyone you call a friend is an honor not an absolute. I believe the correct term would be FRIENEMIES in today’s vernacular – and they abound.

I’ve always known that prayer is powerful and that the petitions of the righteous availeth much, but I had to be reminded of how POWERFUL a simple smile can be!

I’ve learned that through it all my daughter has been watching me. She has gained confidence in knowing she has an advocate who will NOT be moved when it comes to providing for her general welfare. I've learned what so many know but don’t practice…you can’t ask of others what you yourself won’t give!

Patience is a virtue gained only through strife and I have overcome! There will rarely be too many people willing to do what needs to be done, but there will always be ENOUGH to get it done. GOD does provide!

And finally - -I've learned that parental involvement is MORE THAN A NOTION!

No comments:

Copyright © 2008-2010

All Rights Reserved